elephant trunk looking thing

Denita

Sail em & Sell em
At night or when the light s have been off for at least 30 mins sopme kind of THING comes out of my rock looks like a elephant trunk. I'd have a pic but the second light hits it its gone kinda sucking or curling itself into a rock hole. Its dark black in color with a white spot on the very end that sticks out. I have seen it 2 time doesn't go anyehere else but this hole in the rock. Any ideas? I haven't tuirned my lights on yet today so when I get home ill try and flash my tank, I don't like doing it but I ewanna know what this is!

bristle worm. They're scavengers that will come out at night. Essentially a hitchhiking part of your clean up crew. They're fine.

No its not a bristal worm, I have a few of them but I'm not worried about them, it really is brown in color dark brown and shinny and it shrivels into its hole ill try and get a pic of it, its wierd!

Try looking at it after the tank lights go off and with a red led light. It may not be as sensitive to this type of light. We'd love to see a picture!

yep! thanks biff!!! thats what it is exactly..... Thanks!!! my bf is super stoked we dont have to tear the tank down cause its in a rock at the bottom!

Good to hear! They are really creepy looking, but once you get used to them, they are pretty cool.

When we moved my tank last year, Christian found two of them that were longer than his hand! He pulled them out and was holding them, and I was like "WTF dude, that's disgusting!!" They were HUGE.

lol how do you get them out fresh water dip? Maybe when I decide to rearrange my tank Ill get it out It is pretty gross looking! But ya I am not worried about it now that I know what it is! thanks again!

When we were moving my tank, I think the water that the rocks were in got kinda cold, and they dropped off the rocks. They survived okay once they were placed in the tank (I think), but we found them at the bottom of the bucket.

Back