Enough flow or no?

Vincenzo

Reefing newb
I ordered one Koalia 750 for my 29g tank. Which i plan to make a reef after i get it up and running and established... so not for a while will i have any reefness lol. But I was wondering if that is going to be enough for now or even for having a reef in my 29g? Thanksss

You might find that the 750 is too much for your tank...Most people will try to do a few different smaller powerheads in the tank so that the flow isn't too violent in certain areas of the tank. Most people shoot for 10x gph. So for a 29g tank= 290gph. Maybe a couple of smaller Koralias would do the trick for you..but sinceit's on it's way, drop it in the tank and find out. If it's too much, you're not going to have any trouble selling it.

I have a 750gph Koralia evo in my 29G biocube plus a 120gph maxi jet 1200. If anything I would go for another small pump but definitely nothing less.

You'll know when you have to much flow.All the sand will be in suspension.
To give you an idea.In my 125 I have 4X Koralia #4s 4X #3s and 3X #2s along with a mag 12 return pump.And I'm still thinking about adding more flow.

Back