Eric's 220G Reef Build Progress

Thank you for letting me know. I guess the Bose installer did a really bad job in installing and explaining me how everything worked. I tried what you said and I'll let you know the results.

I didn't mean any offense by it...You've got a nice system there, it's a shame not to get the most out of it...The installer did a fine job, he just got lazy when it came to pointing the speakers. (pretty common actually).

A large majority of the home theater systems that I see on a daily basis are installed wrong. It drives me crazy. When you have speakers that are roughly 7' above the ground and they're not pointed correctly the sound just floats above your head and you don't get the "surround sound" effect.

Did they leave you the little box that has the calibration headphones in it? It's called AdaptIQ? If so, get into the setup menu of the lifestyle unit and run the AdaptIQ again. It's very easy to do, it'll walk you right through how to do it.

Back to Fishtanks now...:D

I didn't mean any offense by it...You've got a nice system there, it's a shame not to get the most out of it...The installer did a fine job, he just got lazy when it came to pointing the speakers. (pretty common actually).

A large majority of the home theater systems that I see on a daily basis are installed wrong. It drives me crazy. When you have speakers that are roughly 7' above the ground and they're not pointed correctly the sound just floats above your head and you don't get the "surround sound" effect.

Did they leave you the little box that has the calibration headphones in it? It's called AdaptIQ? If so, get into the setup menu of the lifestyle unit and run the AdaptIQ again. It's very easy to do, it'll walk you right through how to do it.

Back to Fishtanks now...:D

No offense taken, Im glad you pointed that out. The system sounds great the way it is but if what you are telling will improve the sound quality then even better! I will re-arrange the speakers either today or tomorrow and I will run the AdaptIQ to calibrate them again. If I have any questions I will PM you so that we don't get off topic in this thread, but once again thanks a lot. I appreciate it. :mrgreen:

Well I came up with a much better design.... I think!

Since my tank has two over flows I made it so that one overflow fills the skimmer section and the other the refugium! The the sump will drain to the middle where the return pump is!

Click HERE for sump measurements!!!

102-4.jpg

103-4.jpg

101-4.jpg

104-2.jpg

105-2.jpg

Back