Eshoppes skimmer

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Anyone else running one of these? Mine is a 150 and its getting to be a real PITA. Added filter bags to the system and it over reacts like hell. Figured out that issue and now, after being shut off for 2 days and removing the system bag, it's over reacting like hell again. Usually when I did a water change it under reacted, now with a 20% water change is going nuts! What's the deal? It was working fine and now it can't decide if it's going to work or not. Its really pissing me off.

I'm getting real discouraged here. Too many problems and two too many deaths in my tank.

Quick note, these skimmers are hyper effected by the surface tension of the water. One little change and they go nuts. Its getting the job done now, but it has a long way to go before it is set back into its proper position.

I own one and it's absolutely awesome, except it's testy to get running. Once you get it set though, it will crank out the filth like you wouldn't believe. All for $120, amazing. I am using the 75 model.

They are great skimmers at a good cost, they are just very sensitive. After 12 hours it is working in its normal depth though it is turned all the way down and still slightly over reacting. I will have to go through all this again when I reinstall the filter sock in a few days. Even after soaking it for a day it still causes the skimmer to go nuts.

Back