Evel Knievel Fire Goby!

charlesp123

charlesp123
I was working at my desk today and started getting a sent of rotting fish:pooh:, looked around:io: couldn't find anything and then looked into my tank only to Not find my fire goby:dunno:. I figured he was just hiding under his rock, but not being there either I hoped he found another hole to hide in. About 30 mins later I was getting ready for the carpets to get steam cleaned. Found him :death:dead on impact(hopefully) only 3 feet from where I was working. This little guy shot out of my tank:helm2: taking a direct line of fire for me, making it about 8 feet! Coincidence? I think not... anyway good thing the steam cleaners are coming today so I don't have fishy smell in my carpet lol And Yes it is time to build a Canopy, well at least before I get another fish another fish

charlesp123-albums-fire-goby-leap-faith-picture2317-20130613-114217.jpg

charlesp123-albums-fire-goby-leap-faith-picture2318-20130613-114232.jpg

dang!

You could just build a screen with the kits from Bulk Reef Supply.
Even with a canopy, they could still jump and end up out the back or in your overflow.

Totally separate, but be careful when they steam clean the carpets. If possible, ask them not to use any chemicals, or only a mixture of water and white vinegar. They cleaned the carpets in my office (where my tank is kept) and it almost killed everything in it because of the VOCs that were released into the air. If you have no other options, then do your best to wrap your tank with plastic trash bags and shut down your skimmer (it pulls in air that could be contaminated). A few hours after cleaning the carpets all of my corals retracted and started bleaching, and my snails started popping out of the sand and climbing the walls. I did 2 large water changes (60%) and ran carbon, chemi-clean, polyfilters, and ammonia pads to save my tank. I'd hate to see anyone else go through this!

Mine have never jumped out of my tank. I had 4, one got eaten by Coral banded Shrimp, one went missing. Still have 2 and they have ben around since the start of my tank. I know have a canopy on my tank so they cant jump out the sides or front but the back is still open. Canopy has only ben on for like 2 months I think.

I added a firefish first to my tank, and I'm pretty sure it ran from its own shadow. These guys will jump from the noise of you closing the door to the room. It's a shame because in terms of color they are one of my absolute favorites.

Back