Favia brain?

Not sure if thats what it is but i got it for 25 bucks. Moderate flow? or low flow? guy told me to feed it brine shrimp because its still small?
2010_0722sarahs0133.jpg

Yea 25 bucks...the lil birds nest frags on the top left of the pic i got for free....pretty sure they arent doing so well, just have to wait and see

Very nice brain. I'm not sure it will take food... Some of them don't. Wait until the lights go out, then check on it periodically with a flashlight to see if it puts feeding tentacles out. If it does, then you can gently aim some food towards the tentacles. That will definitely help it grow faster. I have some in my tank; some never put their tentacles out and grow pretty slowly.

SWEET!!!! haha i like it.....i tried feeding it with the lights on but only one lil tenticle came out....ill try again with lights off later.

I have a favia similar to that. I spot feed it once a week or so. It does put out the feeders and swallows up the chopped up silversides i have.

Mine rarely put their tentacles out during the day. The best time to feed them is at night. Wait at least an hour after the lights go out. Then drop a little food in the water. It will help encourage them to extend the tentacles. Wait another few minutes and then feed them. Also, favias, favites, closed brains (pretty much all the same) do better lower in the tank. The don't need tons of light. Good luck with it. Looks very nice BTW.

Back