Feather Duster

I got two feather dusters a week ago from LA. They were both out of their tubes during acclimation (dripped for over an hour). Then one has been out all the time and the other I have not seen out at all since then. I anchored them in sand with a few small rock rubble to keep them steady. The one that hasn't opened has been knocked over by CUC a few times but I think I have it secure now. I tried moving to a lower flow area. How do I know if it dies, will my CUC try to eat it?

Yeah, cuc will go for it if it dies.

For what its worth, I got a feather duster from LA at the end of July - it came out of its tube during acclimation but didn't after that. I thought it was dead so tried to pull it out. Turns out if was just building a much longer tube underneath the rock I'd placed it by, and by pulling it out I destroyed its newly built tube. If' you don't see your cuc going for it, I'd assume it was still alive and leave it alone. It could just be working on the other end of its tube!

It's starting to come out, just a little! Hopefully will come out fully tomorrow.

What's the consensus for feeding these things? I was thinking about trying Marine Snow and spot feeding them and my corals. (right now I target feed some Prime Reef frozen for corals but I think this is too meaty for the featherdusters?)

I've used it, but I didn't see a difference between that and any other filter feeder food that I've tried. Reef Chili is one that I used that I think I saw made a difference in the animals.

Back