Feeder Shrimps?

Sir Alex

Dragon the eel (below)
I was thinking of getting some of these for my eel but then I noticed the size is 5 to 10 mm??? This is what they feed to all of their sharks and stuff on diver's den. Isn't that kind of small?

How do you know they are feeding those to sharks? This is what the description says:

Feeder shrimp make an excellent diet for live-food eating aquatic animals like seadragons, seahorses and pipefish.

Those are all very small animals.

I don't think your eel would even notice those guys!

On the expert only things on diver's den it says what they're eating. I couldn't find a shark eating them but I found this. "Size: 15"
West African Striped Panray. Eating live ghost shrimp."

They say on liveaquaria that the frys should be fed this. It says in that article that they feed off of some bacteria?

He also said he has some salt in the water, I though they where entirely fresh water?

Is it necessary to have such a mature tank or can I just keep them in a plastic tub?

It seems awful raising them to be food...:(

Yeah thats pretty sad to have a crappy birth and life and then get dumped in to a tank to be eaten. I have fresh water ghost shrimps as pets they are very friendly and cute and eat right out of my hand.

Yeah thats pretty sad to have a crappy birth and life and then get dumped in to a tank to be eaten. I have fresh water ghost shrimps as pets they are very friendly and cute and eat right out of my hand.
That is part of the food chain Amber. No it is not comfortable to see or to happen but it must.

Would a mandarin eat the feeder shrimps? If I put a couple hundred of them (shrimp, not mandarins) in the fuge would they be able to reproduce like pods?

Back