Feeding Anemone....

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
Do any of you have trouble getting your Anemone to eat without the fish taking it out of his mouth ? I have to stand guard with my tongs and beat off the would be fish nappers.... Every time I try to feed it Silversides, the fish rip it from his mouth. The shrimp, he does better with, but I still have to stand guard. It's a Red Bubble Tip. Not very big. I feed it a quarter of a Silverside or half a salad shrimp. I even try feeding the fish right before I feed him, they'll leave their food to try and get his.

Any suggestions ? He's a very slow eater.

Try feeding your fish at the same time? That way they will be preoccupied with their own food.

ALso, try putting the cut off top to a 2-liter bottle over it while it is eating.

Is that what everyone does to feed these things, or do I just have obnoxious fish ? That damn Clown tried to bite my hand while I had the tongs guarding it, then he bit the tongs. And when I feed the corals, they try and eat that crap. It's more like a job when it comes to feeding everyone !!!!

There is no need to feed an anemone. I've had mine well over 5 yrs now and never once directly fed it.

sebae_11-18-09.jpg

There is no need to feed an anemone. I've had mine well over 5 yrs now and never once directly fed it.

I`m the same as Larry. No need to feed it. It will get what it needs from the lighting and the water column. You are doing something right Larry for that anenome to be that size.

Back