Feeding Chromis?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Suggestions for proper feeding of 3 small Green Chromis? I'm new here so be gentle! I haven't gotten them yet, but figure I could buy some food for them.

I would get a variety of different frozen foods and then break off a small piece (like a quarter of a cube max) and feed them that once a day. A great place to pick up frozen foods are petco/petsmart. Stay away from brine shrimp, it has very little nutritional value, its basically candy for fish.

Always on top it aren't ya little_fish! Thanks for all of your help so far. Going to let the kids go with me to the fish store and pick out 3 tiny Green chromis today. Pet Smart is right next door and has much better prices on food than the fish store does, so I'll go see what they have. Kids are going to love the fish. They really want a FoxFace Lo, but I am going to wait until I get my water chem smoothed out.

Ya, because you are adding 3 fish, i would wait at least a month before adding another fish, but eventually a foxface will make a great addition to your tank!

I got some great advice from everyone on here and added 3 of these guys myself a week and a half ago. You're going to love them! Very fun to watch. Mine really go crazy for any food but especially frozen mysis shrimp.

Mine were never picky :) They are top-level swimmers mostly. They usually get the first pieces of food I drop in at feeding time.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my foxface!!!!! He's my most favorite fish in my tank :)

I fed mine cyclop-eeze...whatever you feed them, they have to be fed multiple times a day due to their high metabolism.

Back