feeding fish roe

lilduud

Reefing newb
i had no idea where to put this... but how long will raw fish roe keep for? i have a sushi bar that will sell it to me in town but only in certain portions and i can not feed all that in a day haha any tips/suggestions. is frozen roe just as good? if figured it had a slightly lower nut value. thannnnks

I use the orange flying fish roe. I buy it in the refrigerator section at an Asian super market and then freeze it. I thaw it with some tank water in a spoon. The roe is super nutritious.

I'll bet San Diego has got an Asian market somewhere!

ok cool i just know cooking and freezing often effects nutritional so i was concerned.... but if thats how its sold then im sure its good. haha whats a very fatty frozen food? i want to combine uber high protein and uber high fat for my mandarin to gain back some more weight then ill lower the fat.

i think he just means that those two processes remove nutritional value from food

I would also like to add that time also remove nutritional value from food. The longer you take to eat an ear of corn for example. If you eat it right after it is picked, it is more nutritious than if you ate it a week later. The amount is negligable though

yea that is what i was referring to haha the processes of cooking/freezing. ill try to buy the smallest packages possible. thanks for al the input!
oh anyhighly faty foods? bloodworms maybe

Back