Feeding Video

Doc

I don't work for anybody
it took me forever, but I finally got a few feeding videos of my radiata. I had to break it up into three vids though, each being a minute or so long. If you are interested, here he is.

-Doc

thanks for the vids doc..enjoyed a lot!!..im thinking into getting a lionfish too..here they are not to expensive..

hey bro, glad to hear from you. As for lionfish, they are really cool. Around here, volitans go for $30-ish for a decent sized one (but they grow really fast). Dwarfs are in the mid $20s. They are all pretty hardy. Radiatas are the toughest to get to eat frozen food, but I think they are the prettiest. They tend to be in the $50-ish range.

-Doc

I was like ''damn,how long was it going to stare at the food'' all while the Sohal swept in an stole a piece.Very cool video D,I see why you like them.

my lfs had a couple of volitans for 50 each..they were very healthy..but is it risky when handling corals in the tank of getting sting?? share some info doc..personal experience.

I have never been stung by my lionfish. They tend to avoid your hand when it is in the tank. still, I like to have a "spotter" when I am working a lot in the tank. I notice that they will charge if they feel cornered. They tend to charge with their dorsal spikes pointing forward. Just have to be a bit watchful and you will be just fine

-Doc

Live goldfish are not healthy for saltwater fish, because goldfish are freshwater and don't have all the amino acids/nutrients/vitamins etc. found in saltwater fish that are necessary to keep your fish healthy. Goldfish should only be used as feeder fish as a last resort or in an emergency and not relied upon.

I feed the lionfish silversides, and krill. He also has a little blue damsel at his disposal. Biff is right. Goldfish lack omega-3 fatty acids that marine fish need for a healthy liver. LIkely, if a marine fish is fed freshwater feeders for too long, they will die of liver failure.

-Doc

they are a difficult species to keep. I would wait til your tank is older and you have an eye for parameters and such. They are a bit tough to keep. Feeding is the big problem with them. Some never take food. If you do get one, try to make sure he is eating (which will not happen) and he has to be FAT to weather the starvation storm they tend to take. Feeding live food (ghost shrimp, small damsels after 3 weeks of not eating tends to jar them out of their stupidity. Mine eats every day now (thank the Maker!!!!)

-Doc

Makes me wanna Sing!

Memories!!!!!
Newcorals027.jpg

vacation148.jpg

RIP HECTOR!

I remember him Lionfish. Except my Radiata is 1,000,000 times prettier and rare than your fish. :Cheers::Cheers: (yes I am still sore you kicked my ass for POTM, but I almost have it worked out of my system)

-Doc

Trust me you more than made it up with this entry,
I knew it would be strong why else ya think i ossed in a Photoshoped pic like I did , he he ! ya got my vote for POTM!

Back