Feeding Zooanthids

psness

Reefing newb
I've read online that some people don't feed them and some do. Those that do use everything from cyclop-eeze to their own mash of brine shrimp, etc. I was wondering what you all think on this subject. I am fairly new to keeping them (3 mos) and applying Kent Microvert to the entire tank but realize that's not very efficient and probably fouling the tank. I know they aren't filter feeders but they sure are small. I was thinking of making my own concoction using Microvert as a base with mashed brine shrimp, turning off the circulation and feeding with a baster. Any thoughts? Is it necessary?

well for my Zoa and yellow polyps I use ZOO-PLEX and they seem to like it. I do it once a week in smaller doses than what it says to. I also target them and they look really nice better then when I got them. I am seeing lots of new growth :D as well. every one is different but eh if it works don't knock it i say ;)

I don't specifically feed my zoas anything either. They get the nutrition they need from the light. I'm sure they pick up other stuff that is floating around my tank that I feed my other corals, though.

I saw your Dec. pic of the month entry those Zoas a sweeet Biff.
yeah they are vary sweet at that I love that pic I hope I get a spread like that with mine I'm getting watermelons next along with this blueish ones they are so cheap at my LFS hell i think i may just do all Zoa hahaha...

I feed the zoas and mushrooms in my tank 2-3 times per week alternating with frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Reef Snow, Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton.

Back