Feeding

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
How much are you guys feeding your fish? Mine seem to eat forever!

I get 2 cubes of shrimps which I use to spot feed my duncans, bubble coral, golf ball, fluffy morph, plates then my 7 fish and 3 shrimps.. I also put 1 cube of rotifers in. Im doing this every 2-3 days atm but the fish just chomp it all up with no waste (because I use a syringe to feed everything even the fish)

And it still doesnt seem to be enough ! Does this happen to anyone else? Or are my fish just big pigs?

i feed once a day, but my tank's still new, too, so it's what works for me for now. Once in a while, I miss a day...like yesterday :shock: My goby and firefish are PIGS. I can watch the goby's belly get big as he eats, too, and he keeps on eating. The firefish, as skinny as he is, takes HUGE gulps of food. He eats a lot.

How much do you feed them each day? just as much as they can eat? haha. my tank is still new, so im not sure what works! But im sure ill get some maaasssive growth over this next month!

I pre-rinse then refreeze their food...I'd say it's around 1/2 - 3/4 tsp, or something like that. I don't have a lot of fish, and just some mushrooms. All my fish are small. It's a mix of emerald entree, spirulina, and mysis. Only the firefish, banggai, and goby eat the big chunks of emerald entree.

Mine get a couple of pinches of some type of frozen food once every month or 2.:D But I have enough natural foods in my tank that they are all fat and healthy.

hahaha, i think you feed to much yote :shock:

Seems like 2 cubes might be a bit much, but keeps my tank happy for now lol.

Malous, they would eat non stop these dam fish, specially the clowns! they devour all.

I feed 3 x a day,everyday.....just dropped in some sprouts for the angel,but ofcourse the triggs eat it too....IDK,but to me it depends on what types of fish you are keeping.If i fed like Yote,i'm pretty sure i'd be down to 1 or 2 triggs and thats it:mrgreen:

I like to mimic somewhat what fish do in the wild.That is they eat small amounts through out the day.I feed two to three times a day small amounts.

I have...probably about 15 fish or so, and I feed 6 cubes every other day. I spot feed all my corals, and the fish pick up whatever is left.

I feed 3 x a day,everyday.....just dropped in some sprouts for the angel,but ofcourse the triggs eat it too....IDK,but to me it depends on what types of fish you are keeping.If i fed like Yote,i'm pretty sure i'd be down to 1 or 2 triggs and thats it:mrgreen:

HAHAHAH
Thats why all my fish are utility fish.:mrgreen: They have to EARN their keep.:D
But I have an Atlantic Blue Tang,Tomini Tang,Stary Blenny,2 Green Chromis,1 Bartletts Anthias ( the other 2 went carpet surfing) and 1 mandrine.

I have...probably about 15 fish or so, and I feed 6 cubes every other day. I spot feed all my corals, and the fish pick up whatever is left.

Ok, so my idea of 2-3 cubes every other day doesn't look so outrageous now! i have to fight my fish off the corals to let the corals feed though lol.

Nemo and reef i dont have time to feed 3 times a day. Im always out most days and nights with uni life haha

HAHAHAH
Thats why all my fish are utility fish.:mrgreen: They have to EARN their keep.:D
But I have an Atlantic Blue Tang,Tomini Tang,Stary Blenny,2 Green Chromis,1 Bartletts Anthias ( the other 2 went carpet surfing) and 1 mandrine.

I like your theory yote ;) but my tank is only 4 months old. do you ever find your fish chomping on corals?

Back