cats bday 039.jpg

cats bday 047.jpg

cats bday 055.jpg

tank photos 003.jpg

tank photos 002.jpg

tank photos 001.jpg

please tell me what you think

Last edited:
hehe, do you have any rock with coralline in there with it? Also what kind of lights do you have? looks like T-5's(4x?), what kind of bulbs?

You have really nice rock, looks like the Macro rocks.

You just need more corals. It will come alive with time. Every new thing you add will bring new life to it. That's what all of our tanks looked like when we started them! Let me know if you ever come to Tucson -- I can hook you up with some frags from my tank. :)

I'm going to give it to you straight since you asked.

For an 8 month old tank you have very little coralline.I would buy a couple of pieces of live rock that has good coralline coverage and then scrub it to seed it throughout the system.If you don't already,start checking calcium,magnesium and alkalinity,all three are very important to coralline growth.The placement of the rocks are kind of boring too(sorry).It looks like it would be fairly easy to make two separate islands from the live rocks in the pictures.If you have to,break a couple of the rocks.

I'm going to give it to you straight since you asked.

For an 8 month old tank you have very little coralline.I would buy a couple of pieces of live rock that has good coralline coverage and then scrub it to seed it throughout the system.If you don't already,start checking calcium,magnesium and alkalinity,all three are very important to coralline growth.The placement of the rocks are kind of boring too(sorry).It looks like it would be fairly easy to make two separate islands from the live rocks in the pictures.If you have to,break a couple of the rocks.

I really appreciate your honesty. I also appreciate everyones input. It really means alot coming from novices like you all. Every little bit helps. I will take the advice and make two islands. Doing that tonight.
I will post new picks once I complete it.

salty, it looks good so far to me :) don't worry about coraline not showing up... I've only just had it start to show up in my tank and its been setup for almost a year.... it takes time :) just find a nice piece of live with some one it, heck even a snail shell and scrub it :) hopefully in time you'll have some :)

well I changed the whole rock setup.. So I will post these pics.. A few from start to finish and a few of the rocks with what algae is on them.newsetup 001.jpg

newsetup 005.jpg

newsetup 007.jpg

newsetup 012.jpg

newsetup 010.jpg

Back