filteration

joeyv

Reefing newb
hey every body.

i am looking at getting a good filter for my aquarium that i dont have yet but in the market. probably getting a big one(125-150g hopefully). i have been looking at the Lifereef berlin system LF1-150s, in sump skimmer and the Lifereef refugium hooked to it.

i was wondering if anyone has Lifereef products or have a opinion on them?

thanks for the help.

I don't have it personally,but seen them on RC.The people who have them love em.I've considering the refugium to plump into the sump of my new setup or the CLF-2 with refugium.Now you got my head spinning.

reeffreak, yea tell me about it, there are so many differnet ways to go, from what i hear the lifereef stuff is pretty good tho. in the refugium would you go with the mud or the sand?

thanks yote for atleast trying i got a lot of question i bet you can help me out on some other ones.

joeyv said:
reeffreak, yea tell me about it, there are so many differnet ways to go, from what i hear the lifereef stuff is pretty good tho. in the refugium would you go with the mud or the sand?

I not an expert on refuges....but have been researching,I going with a combination of both fine sand(oolitic) and mud.The only thing I'm worried about the Lifereef is the built in skimmer on some of the models.Built in skimmers are usually not as good as stand alones.I like the models with skimmers separated but it looks like it would take to much cabinet space.

Last edited:
yea i talked to jeff, the guy that runs the Lifereef site and he said that the berlin system with a refugium is almost 72 inches long! i think that is with the in sump skimmer too, so it takes up a lot of space.

Back