fire shrimp

rems

Reefing newb
I bought my fire shrimp about a month and a half ago. I absolutely fell in love with him, probably the most beautiful fish out of them all! He molted twice before I got two clownfish. Three days after I bought my clownfish he molted for the third time and then went missing. I thought the clownfish ate him. I found him later, dead, in full piece. So obviously it wasn't the clownfish's fault, right? I've read online that it is common for fire shrimp to die after molting. Has this happened to anyone and do you think this happened because of molting??

Very unfortunate because I loved him :grumble:

P.S. he got along well with the clownfish within those few days.

Last edited:
It is a common way that many shrimp and other inverts die(while molting). Sometimes it's the stress, or sometimes inadequate iodine in the water. But sorry to hear that...they are beautiful creatures.

It is a common way that many shrimp and other inverts die(while molting). Sometimes it's the stress, or sometimes inadequate iodine in the water. But sorry to hear that...they are beautiful creatures.

This happened to me too, how do you make sure you have enough iodine in the tank?

Back