Firefish shy all of a sudden?

Veilside0Three

Reefing newb
So my firefish was my first fish in my tank(other than the damsel I cycled with, and later traded). The firefish(my little pony), would come out as soon as the lights turned on in the morning, and would stay out until the lights went off, sometimes a little later. Ever since I added the tang, who stays entirely away from the firefishs normal spot, the firefish stays hidden, and only cones out for about 30 seconds to eat, and that's only once out of the two times I feed each day. Is it afraid of the tang? Or do you think it's something else?

tough to tell. It could be the tang but it could be stress cause by something else. How does the tang behave towards it?

The tang completely ignores everyone. It stays over on About the right 1/4 of the tank where I keep it's seaweed clip. The firefish would stay right in front of a little cave dead center in the tank.

I just got a firefish too, he started out shy tward my royal basslet but now he comes out. They stay on opposite sides of the tank unless im feeding my neon bubble, then they huddle together in feer of my bamboo stick...lol. I cant figure out what he likes to eat though, any one know good suggestion?

I just got a firefish too, he started out shy tward my royal basslet but now he comes out. They stay on opposite sides of the tank unless im feeding my neon bubble, then they huddle together in feer of my bamboo stick...lol. I cant figure out what he likes to eat though, any one know good suggestion?

Mine loves both frozen brine and mysis.

A variety of frozen food is the best for them. Rotate a few different kinds, like mysis, fortified brine, krill, Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, cyclopeeze, bloodworms, tubifex worms, Rod's Food, etc.

I agree with everyone else, the firefish is just timid because of the new addition, just give it time to adjust aka trust the tang, then he'll start coming out more...

As far as feeding, the firefish will eat about anything you put in the tank, but I believe they overall enjoy mysis shrimp and brine shrimp(the frozen ones with spirulina), the live ones have no nutritional value...

Good Luck, and keep us informed.

It's true the live ones have very little nutritional value, but it is so cool to watch the fish go after live food. I occasionally hatch some for the fish and corals. It makes them feel like they're in the wild again.

I just saw my goby for the first time in about 2 weeks. He is starting to come out at night but I think as soon as he adjust to there being a big fish in the tank he will start coming out more.

Back