firefish

reefnoob

Reefing newb
Currently I have a red fire fish. It has been in the tank for approximately 2 months. Could I add a purple fire fish to the tank? Would they fight?

There is a high probability there will be a fight or two or three. In a 90g there is a chance they would coexist but if they don't the purple will probably be the winner.

The purple is the more aggressive of the firefish. Neither will like the other being there. If you have plenty of rock, hiding places and have some bigger fish to kind of referee the two it could work. It is difficult to get two that get along even male and female. They seem to do better in groups where the aggression can be spread out. Just my:twocents: Good luck!

I would not just add One Your best bet is to add 2 more, when i originally added my fire fish i added 2 and they where fighting like crazy, after that i added 3 more, One jumped out and then they where fine for a wile and actually kinda paired off, 2 on one side of the tank and 2 on the other. Then Freken Coral banded shrimp decided to make dinner out of one so now i have one pair on one side and a loaner on the other. If the other one come to there side they kick him out.

I put two in at once last week. They seemed to be fine for a few days but I have only seen one recently. I have plenty of hiding spots so I am hoping one is still just a little timid.

Back