First Additions

reeffreak

Reef pro
These are my first additions using my new camera.
Its considered a point and shoot but its still complicated.

Star Polyps
P3200037.JPG

Bright Orange/Lime Zoos
P3200067.JPG

Cadiella
P3200111.JPG

Green Zoos
P3200075.JPG

Multi Polyp Rock
P3200107.JPG

Mushrooms
P3200115.JPG

P3200114.JPG

I took the pictures under full lighting....just haven't figured out a good balance between too dark or to bright yet.

So much for the one coral every 3 months,right yote.

BEAUTIFUL corals reef!! Man wish mine looked that good. I think its because my light is just barely enough for them (192w/46g). Mine are not thriving like that.

yote said:
Looking great reef.
Yeah,I tryed that 1 addition every 3 months.The only problem was I didnt make it past 3 weeks.

Yep!....it sure is hard....:HELP!: me
I have more corals than those....afraid of posting them.

Nice looking corals Reef. To get the blue tint out of your pictures try changing the color ballance on your camera settings to "Flourescent" it looks like you may have it on "incandescant" or auto mode may be picking up the wrong source. This should give your pictures a more tru to life color. If that dont work then try turning off the antics for the picture. I hope this helps

Massey

I played wiht one of your photos in Photoshop and tried to balance the color a little bit. How does this look? I hope you dont mind. Also you prolly already know this but when taking the pictures of the inside of the tank make sure that the camera meters the light from the inside of the tank and that you turn off the flash.

Massey

aaaaa.bmp

Thanks Massey....that help out a bunch.I don't have a florescent setting but an indoor one.It worked much better.Here's the Cadiella(colt) with the proper settings...looks so much more natural.
P3300303.JPG

On a side note here is the hungry hungry hippo of the coral kingdom.
Branching Sun Coral(may she find a good home)
P3280279.JPG

Thanks to all for the comments

So that's the girl you've been spending all that time with at night lately, LOL. She is pretty, I'll give you that :D.

Last edited:
Yep Biff....my over demanding girlfriend.
When the lights are out
They like take an hour for just some of the polyps to come out....feed those...wait for the rest of the polyps to come out(30 more min.)....feed those...start tossing nassarius and hermits from stealing the food....rinse...repeat.All and all it doesn't take more than a couple hours to feed one fricking coral.

Whew!I tired,time to go to bed.

You are welcome for the photo tips :) The corals look great much better with their natural colors and not the digital I think this is white, blue tint. A couple of hours to feed a coral !! Sheesh would you all do me a favor and remind me not to buy one of these if I ever post here that I am going to ;)

Massey

First Additions Part II...
Here's the rest of the crew

Thin Finger
P4040449.JPG

Hammer
P4040446.JPG

Frogspawn
P4040439.JPG

Torch
P4040437.JPG

Purple Schrooms