First Coral Fatality

Doc

I don't work for anybody
It is not official yet, but it seems as if my silver-tipped xenia is getting picked to death. When I got back from vacation, I noticed that the xenia was shriveled up and not looking happy. I then noticed my Koran angel swimming by and picking at it. twice a minute or so. I figure it is a goner. I will try another rock from my LFS and place it in another part of my tank and see if I can keep it alive. Not too terrible a loss and all the LPS corals are still being ignored....knock on wood.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

sorry to hear that...probably an irresistable snack for the koran..heheh..luck its not been bad for you dr marco..still no big loss, i will be pleased too having such beautys and so far, nothing to be worried..give it a try with a new frag...and you have made an exellent job having the LPS a and angels together..

Yeah good thing it was a xenia! Better luck next time... The moral of the story? Don't go out of town to Vegas and leave your tank in the hands of somebody else!

At least the Koran got a good snack.
In a tank like your Doc,the loose of a xenia shouldnt be a big worry.

The title of this thread reminded me of when I'd play Mortal Kombat as a little kid... FATALITY!!!

mk2_fatality.png

you guys crack me up. I will have to find someone with a passion for tanks like myself to watch my baby when I go to Vegas. I think I will give another frag of xenia a try. It was 20 bucks, so what the hell, why not? I did salvage a piece and moved the rock to the middle of the tank and hope that it may survive....doubtful. Biff you were right on...FATALITY.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Its ashame about the xenias Doc,one of my favorite softies.I have some long tentacled-silver branching Xenias.I would cry if a fish ate it.

Back