First Corals

corystemp

Reefing newb
I will be introducing the first corals to my reef tank soon. Anybody have any suggestions to what to start with. I want them to be very colorful. I don't like the brown/tan ones. Suggestions? I have T5's and a 250 watt metal halide adding up to just over 7 watts per gallon.

Try ricordeas:

Coral Morphologic - Live Corals

They come in every color imaginable, and are very easy to keep.

Other good ones are frogspawns, hammers and torch corals. Bubble corals come in pink, yellow and green.

Mushrooms and zoanthids are probably the easiest corals to keep, and they also come in a variety of colors.

Start of with something easy and then progress into other types of corals. Rics are very colorful. You can get a whole assortment of different zoanthids and palys that have great colors.

Personally I started with mushrooms and zoanthids. Easy, colorful, plentiful, and not terribly expensive if I DID end up torturing one to death. :D

I started with whatever i could get my hands on except sps lol. So keep away from the hard corals, sun corals and goniapora they are the ones that will cause you feeding problems.

I'm still new to the reef tank and I've had the best luck with Green Star Polyps, and mushrooms...for some reason the zoanthids haven't really worked out for me but I also don't have the lighting you do either...

Back