First post

navyclown

Reefing newb
Well hello everybody, I've been a member of the site for a while now, thought I had posted something already but guess i didn't, oops :shock:. So i thought i would correct that and give you a run down on me. I have been keeping freshwater for around 15 years or so, and kept wanting to start saltwater. Figured that I had a good job and could afford the hobby so I started up a tank. I had a great little 29 FOWLR going, then was able to get my hands on a total setup for a 75 gallon reef ready from a friend that was upgrading. So then i got orders to transfer from Virginia Beach to Jacksonville, NC. I was unable to find a place that would allow me to have a large tank so I had to sell it all off :cry:. My wife allowed me to get a 29 gallon biocube, so when we got down here I was all set to get the tank up and running. One problem I ran into, I found out my unit is deploying to Afghanistan this summer. So basically I would have just got through the cycle and started adding livestock and I would have had to leave, :frustrat:.
The intent upon my return is to get it up and running to have a nice little Nano reef. My wife has said she has not problem with me having the tank as long as she gets to pick the fish and the corals, and as I dearly love my wife I said yes that is a great idea.
Well just wanted to say hello, keep and eye out for a new build thread. I may start the thread and some mods on the biocube before I deploy.

Welcome, and most importantly...thank you for the service you, and your fellow service people, do for this great country! Recent events have highlighted the thankless work that you guys do, and we all owe you a debt of sincere gratitude...Stay safe over there, and these guys will give you great advice when you come back and start your tank build...

Back