first posted shot with new camera

Alexander!!!!!!

OMG!!! These shots are so great! What kind of editing software are you using? You can do a lot post production to make these shots off-the-charts amazing. Loving your new camera and keep going you'll be the official POTM photographer in no time!

Catherine

Alexander!!!!!!

OMG!!! These shots are so great! What kind of editing software are you using? You can do a lot post production to make these shots off-the-charts amazing. Loving your new camera and keep going you'll be the official POTM photographer in no time!

Catherine

Catherine, how come you never play?

Alexander!!!!!!

Catherine
Thank you Cathrine. I am using adobe photoshop cs. I am a total noob at that too so I did some cleaning up of he shots, but its more messing around than actually knowing what im doing.

Catherine, how come you never play?

Mostly, I don't play because I really love to see the shots everyone puts up and I love being the cheerleader. Also, I don't like to put my work in a position of judgment- I don't sell my stuff and I won't sit at sidewalk art shows. I find it alters my art if I keep thinking about how it will be received. I do commissions because I'm doing what the other people want it's different. I do enter art shows and juried art competitions but not if the works are for sale at the show. I love watching all the progress everyone has made and I love helping when I can. That's where the fun is for me.

Thank you Cathrine. I am using adobe photoshop cs. I am a total noob at that too so I did some cleaning up of he shots, but its more messing around than actually knowing what im doing.

I'll be happy to walk you through the basic photo editing steps if you want, just let me know.

Catherine

fantastic shots. I need a new cam to even come close to competing with dennis and alex.

That first pic is a winner for potm. Congrats man, you will definitely win a few this year.

Where do we vote for potm? the first ones a lock.
Thanks Steve. With the good feedback i received on this picture i may enter it next month. unfortunately i have already submitted my POTM for this month. we shall see. the POTM thread can be found in reef talk at the top of the page. should be stickied.

Sweet pics....I just bought (about 3 hrs ago) a new Sony DSLR a300 package from Bestbuy. My wife called and said our other camera (shitty regular old digital kind) didnt work and that I needed to buy a new one for her trip this weekend with our sons cubscouts.....anyway once she is back I can try and see how these SLR type cameras work. I will have to get a macro lens for sure to get those really badass close-up shots, but from what I could see from messing with it at the store the lens that comes with it is pretty damn good. $599 + $35 for the digital card (4meg). Pics of the tank to follow upon wifes return.

pcmprd107200050008_sc.jpg

Last edited:
Back