Fish behavior...

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Is it normal for the other fish in an existing system to be scared of a new addition to the community?

I just added the Vlamingi to the tank last night and the 2 clowns that I have seem to be terrified of him. He swims over to say Hi and they cower away from him and slink down into the corner. They come out when he goes away.

I was just wondering if this was odd behavior... He is considerably bigger than the clowns. Not sure if that matters...

That's normal in my tank too. Whenever I add new fish, it seems some of the other, more timid ones (the dartfish, the coral beauty) are scared for a little bit.

Its so funny to see the topic go from fish behavior to king kong in a thong. LOL how will this thread evolve next?

How about biff with a machete in one hand and a baseball bat in the other hand vs. Bruce Lee with a broken arm? in a fight for their lives. I put my money on Biff if she is pissed off enough.

Last edited:
that reminds me of a late night movie on Cinemax I saw once...except king kong was in a diaper.

-Doc

oh and Mik, yes it is completely normal behavior for a new big fish in the tank

-Doc

Back