Fish food

ReefNOOB21

Reefing newb
What does everyone feed their fish? I see so many things on the market, how do i choose? im still cycling my tank and i plan on getting two clowns to start off. Do i feed dry food or fresh or both? how often etc...

I give them pellets maybe once a week. About 10 pellets per fish. I feed every other day. I am afraid of polluting the ten gallon.

Again, I feed lighter than some. I thaw about a quarter to a third of each cube(I thaw in tank water using a brine shrimp net so I can filter out the water after thawing). I use this mixture a couple of feedings.

yeah i dont plan on overfeeding either. i have a 25g. how long does that one quarter cube last you? im just trying to get an idea of what peopel feed them and come up with a variation of my own

I feed mostly frozen mysis. I feed pellets once in a while only as a treat. Don't go by chichi's food measurements; she knows hers will finish off 10 pellets. If you are getting small clowns, they might not even be able to take the pellets. I'd start off w/ the frozen mysis. Just put a few pieces of thawed mysis in the tank, wait for them to finish it off, then give a little more until you learn how much they can eat.

I feed my clowns flake and pellet. I feed them 3-4 times per day, but only a very small amount that they consume in about 10-15 seconds. I'm going to be including more fresh food as I get a refugium operating.

I started out with a very small amount and adjusted the quantity based on my observation.

Back