fish for biocube 29

wavemaster

Reefing newb
Looking for fish suggestions to complete my tank. Tank has been running for 6 yrs.

Current stock:
- 2 black and white ocellaris clowns (have been in tank for 1 year and are a bit agressive but very small)
- blue/green chromis
- blood shrimp
-sand conch
-hermit crabs
-snails
-25lbs live rock
-corals (green star, kenya tree, mushrooms, big green frogspawn)

Would like a fish that is interesting and fun to watch. Don't want something that is too hard to keep and it has to be safe with current stock. The chromis stays near the top and the clowns stay in the middle, so I would like something that stays near the bottom . I really like the sandsifting diamond watchman gobys and am leaning towards that. What do you recommend?

i would def recomend a watchman, ive had mine for awhile now only thing is he gets spooked pretty easily. what would u think about a bi-color blenny? very cool fish and should be fine with the rest of your stock. also check out a mandarin goby, very cool as well.

This is one of my favorite fish...Sleeper Banded Goby
p-71107-goby.jpg

Sandbed is about 2 inches deep. I have thought about a sixline wrasse but have heard they may get aggressive. Keep the suggestions coming!

What about a goby/pistol shrimp pair?

I have a pinkspotted watchman who is quite social and fun to watch. I'd go with a watchman goby, goby/pistol pair, or blenny

If you get a Mandarin Dragonette you have to make sure he is eating frozen. If not I dont think your 29g will produce enough pods for him.

That Sleeper Banded Goby looks pretty cool. Do you think it would be a better choice than the orange spot sleeper? Would love to see pictures of these and learn more from those who have either of them.

What about a goby/pistol shrimp pair?

I have a pinkspotted watchman who is quite social and fun to watch. I'd go with a watchman goby, goby/pistol pair, or blenny

Totally agree, i have an orange spot watchman with a tiger shrimp in my biocube and they are awsome. The shrimp is such an amazing worker.

The midas blenny is super cool too. He is always swimming in front and I swear he acts like a little dog.

My watchman goby gets spooked real easily. He's also one fast SOB. You'll see him one second, and then just see a cloud of sand dust the next.

Back