Fish Got Wiped Out

Today the clown looks great. The only marks remaining are 3 small sores from rubbing on his head. He doesn't seem to have a trace of white left on him, his eyes are clear and everything.

He looks great IMO. Now there is still one serious problem. He flat out WON'T eat. I have tried garlic, his regular food, brine shrimp, seaweed, formula one. He won't eat anything. Doesn't even make an attempt.

He is in a 10 gallon hospital tank and I discovered tonight I think he is afraid of the filter. He just swims in one spot straight into the glass and has done this for probably 18 hours. When I turned off the filter to feed him he began to roam around more. He just swims on the bottom. He will not come up to eat or anything. His breathing is great, great color, still plump.....I don't understand.

Any suggestions would be great! Also, I was wondering how long you think he can live without eating?

I am not looking forward to the day I see he has died after all this work. I have tried like everything except holding him in my hands and injecting food in his mouth haha.

Turn the filter off and leave it off for a while,then try to feed him.
He could be stressing from being in a strange tank too.

Well, he made it. Took a lot of messing around but he managed to make it. My sister made the comment that she spent more money keeping him alive than it would have cost to buy a new one haha.

Thank you guys for all the advice!

That's what I said. The whole challenge was to save "OUR" clownfish, not go buy a new one. I wanted to keep his character. They all act different, he is well behaved and doesn't cause any problems

Back