Fish suggestions newby

johnnystorm

Reefing newb
Hi guys, so I have had my tank for 4 weeks now and from numerous proffesional water tests im pretty certain it has completed cycle i added 2 ocelarris clowns a week ago and they are fine and happy (fingers crossed) i have been making necessary water changes,

now, i would love to get some more fish in there, i would love a blue hippo tang. but from research i can see there not very hardy? is this the same with yellow tangs?

what would be some good reccondations for fish breed?

That is really going to depend on the size/dimensions of your tank. Tangs will need quite a bit of horizontal swimming space. As for the number, you don't want to make it too crowded in your tank. It would be good to know what else you have or plan on having in your tank. Will this be a FOWLR or a full reef? Any crazy inverts in your tank?

blue hippos are prone to ich and the yellow tang is much hardier but you are definately to small for a blue hippo and a little small I believe for a yellow.. there are some tangs you could get like a kole yellow eye tang.. chromis's are always a fun choice..

cool thanks guys, there is a pic of my tank in the showcase section i have left alot of swimming space horizontaly, however take a look and let me know what you think, and its not FOWLR i will add some coral

Ya, to keep a blue tang you want at least a 6 ft tank. A yellow would be ok in there for awhile, but its going to outgrow a 4 fter pretty fast.

What about a wrasse? There are lots of cool looking ones out there, and there are awesome gobies, blennies and even the dwarf angels! And my personal favorite is a school of chromis.

Back