fish ??

rbb302

Reefing newb
so im thanking about geting a yellow tang but i want to get a blue tang to every one is telling me i cant put tangs with other tangs my tank is 120gallon with 2 clowns right now

You can mix tangs.To avoid and minimalize aggression.
A)Add them at the same time
B)I seen tangs of the same family mix just fine,other times I seen them fight viciously.The safer way is pic from different families,say one from the zebrasoma and one from acanthurus family.
C)Make sure they are similar in size.Don't add a 3'' regal with a 6'' yellow,fighting could insure.

The yellow(zebrasoma) and blue(Paracanthurus) should work.I have a desjardini(zebrasoma desjardini) and Powder Brown(acanthurus japonicus),they are best of buddies,inseparable really..Both were added at the same time and both were the same size.

Good luck,as with all fish,there is no quarantee.

I have two different tangs in my tank which is a 120. I added them both at the same time. They get along just fine. They eat lots of algae though.

I have 4 tangs in my 240. Two of them are zebrasoma (a sailfin and yellow), and those fight a lot. Generally, sticking with tangs that are as dissimilar as possible is the best way to go.

Back