Fish?

Newbs64

Go Oilers!
So as I get closer to starting my tank I'm looking more into fish I may want. For sure I want a clownfish. I'd like to get you guy's opinions on other fish I've picked out. I either what a orchid dottyback, a yellow wrasse, or a royal gramma. What do you think would be best with a clown.

G. loreto can be mean, yes, but clowns are in the damsel family, thus they can hold their own. Erases can also be nasty, so make sure if that's what you want, (s)he is added last. The dottyback will be the most docile of those, so (s)he would probably need added before the clowns. Any of those choices will be fine, though. But for what its worth, the wrasse would probably be most active.

20 gallons isn't big enough for that wrasse. Or any of those fish, really.

All of the fish I've named I made sure it would be compadable with a 20 gallon. I found all those fish on saltwaterfish.com and they said 20 gallon or bigger. So is this wrong or? Thanks

20 gallons isn't big enough for that wrasse. Or any of those fish, really.

All of the fish I've named I made sure it would be compadable with a 20 gallon. I found all those fish on saltwaterfish.com and they said 20 gallon or bigger. So is this wrong or? Thanks

I wouldn't use saltwaterfish.com when planning out stocking, they're size minimums are notoriously bad. Example they have a blue hippo tang which can grow to a max of 12" being ok to have in a 40g tank.

Remember, the sizes listed on these sites are sometimes subjective based on the company posting the site. With that being said, LiveAquaria.com typically has the most accurate sizes for fish.

I wouldn't use saltwaterfish.com when planning out stocking, they're size minimums are notoriously bad. Example they have a blue hippo tang which can grow to a max of 12" being ok to have in a 40g tank.

Remember, the sizes listed on these sites are sometimes subjective based on the company posting the site. With that being said, LiveAquaria.com typically has the most accurate sizes for fish.
Oh ok that helps I will look there. Thank you

Also that being said. What would be a super bright in color and very active fish good with clowns? I would appreciate any suggestions. I will look myself also, but I want suggestions that I may not find. Thanks

Just get two clowns, but, if you want flare, pick designer clowns. Get like a Picasso, and a Black Snowflake. They look awesome, and would be okay for a 20g tank.

Also be aware that in a 20 gallon tank you are limited to two small fish now. And MAYBE a third small (not aggressive) fish in a couple month's time.

Back