Fishes Have Been Disapperaring

You said a pincher right? Was it large and pointy with a black tip? If so I'm thinkin gorilla crab. They seem to be quite common hitchhikers on rock especially from the gulf coast.

Sorry. Nothing has happened out of the ordinary yet. I've tried a couple times to trap whatever is there but no luck. I don't have anything left in the tank except for a BTA, a torch, 3 rics, a xenia, and a colony of zoanthids. My snails and few blue legged hermit crabs too. I'm just not feeding right now to try to flush out whatever could be in there.

Try watching the tank after the lights have been out for a couple of hours.Just use a small flashlight with either a red bulb or a red lense.That might help you spot what ever it is.

even if you dont feed anything it will still find something to eat if its anything like the crab i had. it sat in a rock by itself for 6 months in my 10 gallon, just him and the rock. and he didnt die till i forced him out with a straightened clothes hanger.

Hopefully you will be able to get whatever it is out soon. another trap you could try is take a like water bottle, and cut the top off about 2 inches or so from the top, and cut the top off to make the opening bigger if necessary. Then place the top inside the bottom to make like a funnel going in, and rough the plastic up a little so it can climb in, but once its in, it wont be getting back out until you pull it out.

If i didnt explain it well, check out this link...
Catching Your Fish - DIY Fish Trap
i caught one of my 2 crabs with this, the other with a glass jar like yote said

even if you dont feed anything it will still find something to eat if its anything like the crab i had. it sat in a rock by itself for 6 months in my 10 gallon, just him and the rock. and he didnt die till i forced him out with a straightened clothes hanger.

Hopefully you will be able to get whatever it is out soon. another trap you could try is take a like water bottle, and cut the top off about 2 inches or so from the top, and cut the top off to make the opening bigger if necessary. Then place the top inside the bottom to make like a funnel going in, and rough the plastic up a little so it can climb in, but once its in, it wont be getting back out until you pull it out.

If i didnt explain it well, check out this link...
Catching Your Fish - DIY Fish Trap
i caught one of my 2 crabs with this, the other with a glass jar like yote said

Try several of these!

Back