Flame angel in reef tank?

mbrew

Reefing newb
Wanting to get a m dwarf flame angel for my reef my tank, guy at Lfs said it wouldn't be a good idea although I've seen them in other reefs..? Thoughts anyone?

All the flame angels in reefs are in large ones with frequent feedings. In any tank below 75 gallons, the flame angel will decimate a tank full of corals, clams, and other invertebrates.

I have had my DFA in my tank for a year it was in a 29 gallon JBJ and now in a 34 gallon RSM my urchin does more damage then the angle they are hit or miss if you get one just make sure the LFS will take him back if he starts messing with your corals...

They have a 50/50 chance of messing with corals...I'd you do decide to get one, cross you fingers and say a prayer. :)

Its a 50/50, so if you do add the angel, be prepared to possibly lose corals, or having to take the tank apart to catch the angel and return it to the LFS

Thanks for the advice, i would try him out in the 90g reef tank, and if that didn't work put him in my 55 fish only but then again I'm scared to put him in with my lion, tho my volitan is only about 4in body now he would eventually be fish food. I did however pick up a kola tang yesterday, Lfs told me he would be aggressive with any new fish we put in..?

Back