Flame Angel

Angels are a 50/50 shot at beeing reef safe. You could get one that wont touch a thing, then again you could get one that will wipe out alot of you corals. Sorry.:grumble: I have 3 in my 210 and I dont see them ever touching any of my corals but one day they could turn and i am willing to take that chance.

I had a flame angel that never touched a coral for a little over a year.Then he started nipping at my SPS polyps,then went to zoanthids and buttons.It took close to 6 months to catch him because I wouldnt pull the rock out.

An ultra light pole and a white grub should do the trick.Naw just joking I had to catch the mollies i used to cycle the tank i know what you mean it is a pain.

I had a flame angel that never touched a coral for a little over a year.Then he started nipping at my SPS polyps,then went to zoanthids and buttons.It took close to 6 months to catch him because I wouldnt pull the rock out.
Like I said, it could do fine then one day pooof he is eating your coral:^::bounce::^:

Add with caution, and be prepared to remove him when and if he decides to start nipping at your corals. Flame angels in my experience are probably the least reef safe out of coral beauty and potters.

I have a potters angel right now that I have had for 2 years and it just decided that it likes to eat my open brain corals.

Flame angels ARE REEF SAFE, I have Never had an issue with one of them and everyone that i know who has one had never had an issue with one.

I beg to differ. I had one that almost wrecked my tank. He was eating all my corals. Had to break down the tank to get him out of the tank. I`ve taken the NO ANGELS pledge. Now you know someone who did have a problem with a flame angel. LOL

Back