Flame tail bleeny

So i posted a lil while ago that i bought a blenny and wasnt sure what he was, more than a few of you said he was a bi color but after more research i found out hes in fact a flame tail blenny.

Yestruday as i was watching my tank this guy was kinda attcking my fire fish and let me tell u this guy opened his mouth and he had some big TEETH, for a lil tiny fish. I kinda shrugged it off as he appeard to be kinda defending his "home" (a lil hole ina rock). But today i just was watching him and he just took a chunk out my Acans WTF! I feed these guys more than plenty of food and i did a lil research on these guys and they are supposed to be reef safe. Any suggestions on what i should do, if he ends up attacking the acans for food hes gunna have the same fate as my yellow tail damsel did and im sure him nor i will like that. I hate flushing money down the toilet but if hes going to not only attack other fish but eat my corals hes gotta go.

IMG_0385.jpg

Caught him in 5 minutes. He went into a rock and i basically, i took the rock outa the water and waited for him to fall into the net, took about 2 mintues lol, stupid shyt! He's now the local fish stores problem now, and i got 20 dollars credit for him.

Cant beat that.
But the flyfishing method is still fun.:mrgreen:

I thought about it and it looked like it would be fun, but i couldnt afford the time. I needed him out ASAP and the LFS was closing so i just did what i could. I didnt wanna be a dick and flush my second fish, he had to go and maybe now someone else can deal with him.

Back