Food/Feeding

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
Hey, so where do you all get your food for your fish/corals? I have no LFS so would be very interested in some good quality stuff I can order online. Anyone have a place or places that are good prices, good quality, and will have stuff when I need it? I've been looking around but thought someone may have first hand experience with a quality place.

Thanks! :Cheers:

I just ordered a bunch of frozen food from dr f&s last week. It's shipped overnight with about 10-15 icepacks. I would caution you though because of the time of year, the food was starting to thaw when it had reached my doorstep

I use Premium Aquatics for my frozen food purchases for several reasons.They ship with dry ice which is way better then ice packs.The food arrives frozen solid and not semi-frozen.They have all the foods I like the best,frozen cyclops,PE Mysis,Mini mysis and all the Rod's Food varieties.

Check them out.
Mysis Premium Aquatics

Well I dont have fish yet, haha! Jumping the gun maybe?! I'm looking at the ones I want to get. Thinking 2 clowns, Goby, six line, 3 blue/green chromis...still deciding. But was I was looking I got to thinking I have no where to get food here. What type of stuff do you get at the supermarket?

I get table shrimp,scallops,squid,clams..for my triggers and hawk(which my clowns and 6 line eat also) and Nori, brussel sprouts,broccoli ,spinach,zucchini(last 2 i grow) for the tang and angel...i do also have an LFS where i get trigg formula,and angel formula too...
IMO i think your list of stock would do fine with any and all of the above.....mine do

I get table shrimp,scallops,squid,clams..for my triggers and hawk(which my clowns and 6 line eat also) and Nori, brussel sprouts,broccoli ,spinach,zucchini(last 2 i grow) for the tang and angel...i do also have an LFS where i get trigg formula,and angel formula too...
IMO i think your list of stock would do fine with any and all of the above.....mine do

Well that would simplify things some. I think I will order some of the frozen stuff, but thats easy to do...we grow zucchini as well, and everything else is readily available. Do you just slap chop the stuff up or what?

The zucchini is mainly for the angel and tang...my clowns rarely take it.....yeah,i just chop it up nice and small with scissors not a slap chop:lol:

Well that would simplify things some. I think I will order some of the frozen stuff, but thats easy to do...we grow zucchini as well, and everything else is readily available. Do you just slap chop the stuff up or what?

I used to make a lot of my own food too. For you, being far away from 'civilization', that may be a good option. :lol: You can get a variety of raw, unseasoned seafood from the grocery store.

That said, Petsmart and Petco both carry a good variety of saltwater frozen foods. I know for sure those stores are in Prescott, which is closer to you than driving to Phoenix.

Yeah I know they are there. I have seen a small saltwater section at Petco for sure...I cant remember if Petsmart had a section or not, but I don't think so. I'll probably grab stuff if I'm over there, but since my brother moved back to town from Prescott we don't go over too often. I like the idea of making the stuff, and then having a bit of frozen to use as well.

As far as the pellets or flakes go...any good? Any I should have to supplement of just don't worry about that?

There is a guy near Prescott breaking down a 125 and he has some fish I want to take, just need to get this tank cycled and CUC in it. He's pretty eager to be rid of them and it seems I'm the only one who has talked to him about it in the 2 weeks he's had it up.

It's not in the saltwater section. It's in the food fridge with the freshwater food and frozen mice.

Flakes and pellets contain preservatives that can hurt your water quality.

:lol: :mrgreen:
Now what could the STEELERS possibly have done to you......Oh wait,now i know:mrgreen::Cheers: I do pull for Whiz when he's not playing the steelers though
Good luck this year ,cough,cough...

I don't cry about the zebra's...too much....but you had some help that game! Oh well, we weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs then! So a NFC championship and Super Bowl appearance was good. Now we just need to win one...too bad our ownership SUCKS!!!

Back