food storage question

reefer82

Reefing newb
I only have 2 fish in my tank so I feed about 1/4 to 1/2 cube a day which leaves me with a left over half which I usually put back in the package of cubes. When I feed I use a clear squeeze bottle and squeeze alitte food at a time.

My question is can I put the left over food in the refrigerator from the squeeze bottle to feed for the following day? I would hate to waste food even tho I know it's only 7 dollars for like 24 cubes.

Also I can see that some of the food settles to the bottom so I wanted to know if I have to siphon the areas where I see debris when doing water changes.

Yeah, i thaw out enough frozen food for 2-3 feedings in a small cup and just put it back in the fridge until the next feeding.
You should have a clean up crew that takes care of the food the fish miss.

Yup, as long as your fish are happy and healthy. I used to feed on that schedule too.
Some fish require more frequent feedings, like Anthias, so do your research.

I slice/scrape enough off the cube for a feed. Then put it back in the cube package and into the freezer every day.

My kit consist of a small square acrylic cutting board (about 4 x 4") , an exacto knife, and a shot glass. After slicing off a few thin slices I scrape off the slices and mess into the shot glass full of tank water. It is a ritual, every AM that is my first assignment, which lets me complete a simple task, which starts my day with a completed task.. which is a good way to start your day off on the right foot.

... well, crap, I lied, ..:yikesu:...... my FIRST task is to make fresh ground coffee...:coffeemug...the 2nd task is the feed routine. ....LOL

Back