Formula 1 vs Formula 2

On their website the descriptions for all three are exactly the same ... For some reason tho certain fish will only eat a certain color.

i use small pellets only and i have pretty good size (5-6 inches) fish. Gobies will need the small pellets. Not a big fan of forumla1/2 myself - always preferred New Life Specturm pellets supplemented by Hikari Seaweed Supreme.

BL1 is right - no difference in color. I actually buy the seaweed sheets from the asian supermarkets (for sushi) - about $2 a package.

I personally prefer marine cuisine and emerald entree to formula 1/2. Formula 1/2 uses a gel binder that's been making my skimmer go crazy every time I use it, and it seems to break down into smaller pieces that several of my larger fish simply ignore.

Personally, my observation has been more in how they eat the various algae as well as the method of delivery.
As far as formula 1, I have not fed that. I have fed Formula 2 and it is my rotation since 1/2 my fish are herbivores, and the others carnivore and omnivore. I also feed some seaweed delight and a variety algae sheets, but there favorite in red algae sheets. They all love cyclopeeze as well.

I rinse my Formula 2 and seaweed delight.

I personally prefer marine cuisine and emerald entree to formula 1/2. Formula 1/2 uses a gel binder that's been making my skimmer go crazy every time I use it, and it seems to break down into smaller pieces that several of my larger fish simply ignore.

Does the New Life Spectrum Pellets come in different sizes? On drsfosterandsmith they don't specify the different pellet sizes.

There is a dizzying range of sizes and varieties.

New Life Spectrum Premium Fish Food for Colour and Vitality

I use marine formula - thats the most popular ones good for small and large fish.
There is an variety of this that contains garlic - I would mix a bit of this in regularly.
I also have the small fish formula. My tangs are too fast and eat everything - I find if i put this in with the regular sized pellets it sinks to the bottom and the little guys have a chance a the food.

Back