Found My Missing Fish

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
I noticed over the past few days that my six-line and watchman goby were missing. Well today I was looking behind the tank and found them on the floor... >:(

002-9.jpg

001-7.jpg

I've had the six-line for 1 year and 2 months and the watchman for almost a year. They never tried to jump before. What would cause them to jump now?

Did you recently do a cleaning or move anything around in the tank to spook them. Also, are there any other fish in your tank that might harass them and cause them to do that stress will make them do that as well.

Watchman will jump all the time when frightened. I had a clown that chased mine out several times and he always landed in the overflow. They both probably jumped befor, they were just lucky and landed back in the tank.

Not a problem now since I built my screen tops

The new fish may have spooked them or caused the issue, either way, I am soooo sorry that your fish are dead. Good luck with the new ones and I hope you have better luck!

I take it they didn't survive. :shock:
Sorry for your loss Dave. It could have been as simple as walking by the tank at night could have spooked them in to jumping. Or maybe it just the sight of you that causes it? :dunno: :mrgreen:

Back