Fox face experiences

ladypheesh

Frank the tank!
What kind of experience have you had with foxfaces eating hair algae? Many sites proclaim that they will eat it happily but I wanted to hear some real life opinions.

Thanks!!

Yeah, I have seen one changing colors before... it looked really strange.

We have it on our fish wish list and now we just happen to be having a slight hair algae outbreak, so I feel like it's meant to be!

mine loves algae it doesnt matter what kind

if your getting it for the sole reason it eats algae i would pass get a seahare i have one its been in my tank for a good 2months

the way i see it is hair algae is part of the natural way of sea life so just use it to you advantage hence a sea hare

but fox face are awesome nonetheless especially when they spike up mine loves doing that just be carefull to not accidentally touch the spikes (poison) ,thought when i aquascape or scrape my glass he tends to go to the opposite side of the tank just make sure you know where hes at

rememner fish are more scared of you then u are of them

i have a magnificent foxface
IMG_0546.JPG

Last edited:
I have one also. Always picking at the rocks. Hair algae doesn't have time to grow with him in the tank. One of my favorite fish.

if your getting it for the sole reason it eats algae i would pass get a seahare i have one its been in my tank for a good 2months

we did look into the sea hares but I really don't want to put something in that has the potential to starve... I already cried over a lettuce nudibranch. we were planning on getting a foxface anyway beacuse we love the look of them. so it's really the best of both worlds. the magnificent one is really nice. Is he fairly reef-safe?

we did look into the sea hares but I really don't want to put something in that has the potential to starve... I already cried over a lettuce nudibranch. we were planning on getting a foxface anyway beacuse we love the look of them. so it's really the best of both worlds. the magnificent one is really nice. Is he fairly reef-safe?

yes the only diff with him is youll end up paying 3x or 4x the regular yellow fox price

Back