Foxface

Greenman

Reefing newb
So my Fiancee bought me a Fox Face for Fathers day. I'm trying to figure out how long I can keep him in a my 55 gallon. I dont think she realized it needed a bigger tank. At the moment is about 2 inches in length. LiveAquaria said it requires a 70gallon tank and my lfs will not give me close to what he's worth. Any idea how long i can house him until i need to get rid of it?

He'll be good for a couple of years in your 55.
Unless of course she got you the Magnificent Foxface.

I'm pretty sure they are prone to nip at softies. But, each fish has it's own personality. You never know until you try. Just keep an eye on it, and time will tell :p

I had one for years and he was an absolute Model Citizen....never bothered anybody...he was a chronic photo bomber.....and he rubbed against my hand like a cat whenever I reached into the water....

So far so good. Im assuming he's doing well because i was told they're very timid and can hide for up to a week. Mine sat behind some rocks for about 2 hours and was out and about with full color.. He still dashes behind the rocks if we approach the tank and go's all camo with the black patches but he's back out when we walk away.

I just picked one up that's about the same size as yours, and in the same size tank. Within like an hour, his color was all back and he's swimming around and exploring. My Domino Damsel in there (it's like 1.5") tried to bully him, but he turned around and chased the Damsel across the tank. Since then, the Damsel hasn't so much as looked at him hahaha :mrgreen:

We have a Magnificent Foxface and he's a great fish! He's so beautiful and loves his algae & getting his picture taken lol

Back