frag tank

lilduud

Reefing newb
is there some way of preparing a brand new tank for corals faster? if i had no fish and only some clean up crew when could i add corals... im asking because i want to build a shallow frag tank but dont want to wait how ever many months to add hard coral to it.. any suggestions? thanks!

If you transfer some live rock and some of your tank water, I don't see why you couldn't place corals into a new tank. If your current tank is still fresh though, I'd just wait a few months, or start off with some tolerant, easy mushrooms or something.

im not talking about developing a tank though..i want to have a frag tank with racks for cutting from my display tanks but i dont want to have to wait 6 months..see what i mean

i thought the main reason that one has to wait so long is so that the bioload is stable and wont overproduce ammonia or nutrients... and alo because of algae problems related to new tanks but is there any other reason?
basically if there was no livestock couldnt i add coral [even hard coral] way sooner

Back