Fragging Toadstools

Gooseman

Reefing Is An Obsession
does anyone have experience fragging toadstools that they want to share? mine are getting huge and i want to thin them down a bit.

I've never done it myself, but I've seen how other people do it. They cut a ring off around the edge of it (the outermost portion), cut that into smaller chunks, then use a piece of thread to secure the frag to a piece of rock.

well my toadstool that has 3 full grown heads on it with about 4-5" long stalks and 3 smaller sprouts coming out of the base. how do i remove the larger ones and get them to attach themselves to their own rock?

Most leathers will attach if you keep them in contact with the rock you want them on. Some use thread as biff described - I have used a rubber band with good success. You just have to make sure if you are "tieing" it to a rock not to get the thread or rubberband too tight. If you do, it will just cut through the flesh of the leather in a few days or a week.

Cut the ones that you don't want as close to the base as you can. Pretty much shave it off. Then attach with a tread. If you have light on the area where you shaved it off it will start growing again.

Back