Frags

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
what is the best way to keep a frag in one spot, i have a mexican turbo snail that goes around and knocks over my zoo frags off the rocks, what is the best way to keep them there? and how do i do that

Super glue wont hurt anything except the coral if you glue the wrong part. All you do is clean the area your gunna put the coral. Put a couple drops on the base of the coral. Imediatly put it back in the water. The glue will turn kinda foggy. You stick it in the place you want it. Hold for 60-90 secounds. Then you done.

hawk ..post a pic of that glue ..i need some here , i will see if i can find some...post the brand and package , to see if i can find it here..

Any super glue as long as its gel. I buy 3 tubesfor a buck @ the dollar store. The regular super glue wont work. Its too thin. Thats what I was doing when my daughter got ahold of it and glued her eye shut.

Yes only the gel. The regular will work and I have used it but you run a huge risk with it going in the wrong places because its soo watery.

I didn't have any luck with super glue gel. And I tried. A lot. I only use epoxy. You can find it at Ace, Loew's or Home Depot, just be sure to buy the putty that says that it's safe for potable water.

I agree Newb. And it looks messy and leaves your hands a mess. With epoxy, once it's stuck, it's stuck. And it blends in and looks natural like the rocks and before you know it it's covered in coralline anyways. And you only need to use a little bit, with superglue you need to use the whole damn tube.

If the frag is attached to a plug,then epoxy works the best.I never had much luck with super glue gel.I use the kind they sell at the fish store.Sometimes.I might have to prop the frag until the epoxy dries.Once it dries though,its hard as a rock.BTW,it doesn't necessarily stick to the rock,instead once dried and harden,it molds itself to the shape of the rock and holds that way.

I have used it alot and it failed one time. I even attached some underwater and it still held great. Oh and I hardly used and glue at all just a few drops.

I have re-glued my Zoo's frag 3 times and my GSP frag 3 times and my mushroom frag twice. i'll be giving epoxy a try next, cant imagine it'd be worse than glue though. the last time i glued my GSP i was frustrated and determined to get em to stick so i used to much glue and almost glued my finger to the frag.

HUH I haven't had a prob yet. Did you try taking both the frag and rock or plg out and gluing them out of water? You can also try drying the rock and frag.

Back