frog spawn

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Got a question about frogspawn - will the hard branches underneath it attach itself to live rock, or will it basically need to be glued on?

I got a gorgeous piece (my first LPS) from the lfs yesterday, and I'm loving it! The only thing is, I gotta find a good permanent spot for it away from my current corals and in a medium flow area...I haven't seen any sweeper tentacles yet tho.

I already think I need a bigger tank to fulfill my coral needs!!!!

Mines been in the tank for like 3 months and just yesterday I finally got tired of my turbos knocking it over so I got out my trusty purple epoxy and took care of it.

I had a hammer coral that attached itself to a rock.But it took close to 6 months for it do that.I think your best bet would be to epoxy it somewhere.

Thanks for the tips! Purple epoxy, eh? I'll have to pick some up...obviously safe for the reef?
Also, what do the stinger/sweepers look like? Trying to see some deploy so I can safely isolate it.

You can also use super glue gel, just make sure it is cyanoacrylate. And cautous of buying just any epoxy. try and find two part aquarium grade to be safe. I only use the super glue gell though because the epoxy just doesnt bond well to the skelotol structure of a frogspawn. And no the skelotol structure wil never attach itself to anything, anything that doesnt have fleshy tissue is dead.

I have the exact opposite problem as Ironman... just can't seem to get enough of the thick gel crazy glue to get it to stick well, but a blob of aquarium epoxy works every time. I just dab the end of the trunk a little with a towel to try to get it dryer and then really try to press the epoxy into it and making sure I use a decent amount. It's purple so it blends in well enough if it ends up being visible once in your tank. So far it's holding but we'll see... So far it has worked better than crazy glue on my digitas, monticaps and star polyp frags.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Fragging-Tools/c119/p723/Coralline-Purple-Reef-Epoxy/product_info.html

Back