Frogpawn retracted

Steveg229

Addicted
I have had a frogspawn with about 4 heads on it since november 2012. It had started growing 3 or 4 other head and has been doing very well since than. About a week ago I was doing some tank maintenance and bumped the frogspawn, which made it retract. No big deal, this happens. It has been in the same spot since it was introduced to the tank and nothing has been changed since this instance. It has been about a week and it is still retracted. Other than being retracted it looks healthy.

Yesterday I saw some dark stringy thing coming from 2 of the mouths which disappeared after awhile....

All my parameters are in check. 0-ammonia 0-nitrites, 0- nitrates, undetectable phosphates, calc, alk, and mag all check out as well. Temp stays 77.5 - 78.5.

Nothing has changed... is it still pissed at me, LOL?

Any thoughts?

That dark stringy stuff is the coral shedding old zooxanthellae to make room for the new algae. Gross huh!! As far as not coming back out, I have no idea. I bumped mine pretty good the other day and it came back out in about 2 minutes.. Corals can be annoying!!

Back