IMG_0980.jpg
is this frogspawn dieing please help?

It doesnt look too good.

How long has it looked like that?

How long have you had it?

What are your parameters?

Did it get damaged in shipping?

The one head in the back left looks OK.

my nitates are like 15 so there high but as many water changes i do they stay there all other paramiters are 0. i have had it 2 days and i might have got damaged in shiping from the guys house to my i got it from a local reefer ill tlk to him and see what hell say

How did you acclimate it? Mine died before I really knew what I was doing (read: before I was coming to this site) and I think the way I acclimated it had something to do with it.
I had really high phosphate and it was kind of the general consensus that it shocked mine.

Large scissors, tin snips, wire cutters, garden shears, etc.
Sometimes the head of the coral gets Jelly Disease and it will cover it over with a substance that looks like reddish jelly. It can spread to another head and kill it. I see a little bit of red in there but don't know it that is the case here or not.

If you've only had it for 2 days its prolly just still pissed.

If you have phosphates then yes that will prolly kill it.

Your nitrates are fine.

Put it in a low flow area with good light and don't mess with it and it should come out soon enough.

Was that dead head like that when you got it? My torch had a lot of heads like that when I got it, but now is doing great. How much flow/light is it in?

Get yourself a bottle of Lugols Iodine.Take a half gallon of water out of your tank and add 20 drops then stir.Soak that frogy in it for 20 minutes and place back in the tank and hope for the best.Discard the Lugols/water down the sink.
Iodine is an antiseptic that MIGHT help if infection is present.

If you see any brown jelly ie. necrotic tissue, you can use airline tubing to siphon off the dead/necrotic tissue and give the coral a bath with an Iodine solution like TM Pro Coral Cure or similar product. The iodine will act as an antiseptic and hopefully kill prevent the spread of the tissue necrosis.

Back