Frogspawn help

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
I woke up today and noticed my frogspawn wasn't as big. Upon further review you can see that some of the bubbles arent opening up and I have no clue what or why this is? Any ideas?

Attachments

• frogspawn hurt.jpg
    frogspawn hurt.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 278
my water level is down about 2 inches, could this have an effect? I will test out the water when i get home and post results, and do a water change also.

My clown is hovering around it for the past 3-4 days and prior to putting it in the tank he didn't move from one spot. Does this mean he about to take a dive into it?!

Consistency is best so yes, the water level being down could affect it.

Also if your clown as decided to host it that could affect it.

But it could just not have wanted to open fully today. Silly coral. Check your parameters etc. to make sure thats all in check.

I'm bettin that the salinitys too high for it with your water level being 2" low.
That'll effect corals more than it will fish.

Should I look into getting a plastic or glass cover for my tank. Right now it is open and I have the lights overhead but I lose alot of water daily.

No, plastic and glass tops have several downsides including trapping massive amounts of heat and preventing gas exchange at the water's surface... You just have to be diligent about topping off evaporated water.

Im having a problem with my temps getting to high, esp now that the summer heat is coming in hard. I bought a clip on fan but that can't clip on anywhere. If my temp is staying around 80-82 is that gonna be safe?

80-82 is ok no higher than 82 though. Like biff said, a cover is a no-no. You need air to be able to move across it. Just top off with fresh RODI to keep your level up and realize that with a fan to cool, it will evaporate even quicker. Also the fan can lower your temp by as much as 10 degrees so make sure you don't over cool the tank. It should remain in the 78-80 range. Consistency is key with your temp and with everything in this hobby for that matter!

One night I took my lights off and left the fan on overnight on high and the temp went to 74. All my snails weren't moving and I thought I killed everything in the tank, luckily everything survived

Back