Frogspawn question

kriscat2003

Reefing newb
Can anyone tell me what this bubble is that has developed on my frogspawn? I showed up about 2 months ago and it seems to be getting bigger. My LFS has no clue what it is. People I have talked to have suggested things from to much water flow to too little flow to popping it, to just leaving it alone. It doesn't seem to be bothering the frogspawn just me. any suggestion would help greatly........

Attachments

• DSCN0108.JPG
    DSCN0108.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 926
  • DSCN0110.JPG
    DSCN0110.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 930
i dont know but i think someone is going to ask for these:
1. what are you water parameters?
2. what kind of light are you using?
3. how long have you been running the tank
4. how much flow do you have?

I am running a MH 150, tank has been running for approx 6 mts, pars are all good cal=500, nit & nir 0, po 0, amn 0.25, sal 1.022, ph 8.4, temp 74, 35 gal, bak pac 2 protein skimmer, whisper biological filter, 2 power heads

I've heard of this happening before once, and if I recall, the frogspawn was splitting... Mine doesn't form a big bubble when it splits, but I don't think it's necessarily something bad.

Your ammonia reads at 0.25, but I'm guessing you have a faulty test kit. Some will read 0.25 even if it's actually at 0. It really wouldn't make sense for you to have ammonia right now.

You may want to think about increasing your temp a bit. 76 to 80 is ideal.

If the frogspawn is otherwise doing okay, I wouldn't bother the bubble thingy. Have you noticed it getting bigger or growing at all?

I just saw this on another forum from a person a few years ago. It's a not-so typical method of splitting. Yay for you, more frogspawn! I think the person said it took several months but eventually all healed up and it was bigger and better than ever.

Back