frogspwan

Medium flow, they don't like to be blasted. You are not required to feed, but it is bennifical to spot feed small mysis shrimp twice a week. I actually use Rods Reef Food, which works great. I spot feed using a turkey baster.

My fish love Rods Reef food. They go nuts when it goes into the tank. I knew better, but I loved watching them eat it, so I overfed and had to do a bigger water change. As for the frogspawn, mine had been looking a little limp and didn't seem to have too much flow. I had a couple of power sweepers that came with the tank. Last night I replaced them with 2 Koralia pumps, combined 800gph for a 55gal tank. I positioned them so that the heavy flow was in the center, with a medium flow lift returning up the sides. My frogspawn is mid-level in the corner and was getting the benefit of the new flow. Today it looks as though it is going to burst! You can tell it really loves the new flow. All tentacles are swollen and reaching. Same for the torch, and the elegance looks like it has twice as many tentacles. I'm amazed at how much movement these critters really like.

Most corals like more flow than a lot of people think.
If you actually think about it.How does a coral get food?Since most corals are attached to the rock,they cant exactly move around.So the flow brings them food and nutrients.
The key is getting just the right amount of flow for the coral.

Back